Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Talk

Today is the big prep for Thanksgiving tomorrow. As usual we are doing our annual dinner at the firehouse. Todd volunteered to work so that another guy who lives out of the area could spend Thanksgiving with his son. My husband is such a sweetheart. Being that it's a group dinner I am only in charge of a few items... stuffing, green bean casserole, homemade dinner rolls, and a dessert. I am actually making two desserts. Todd LOVES candied yams with brown sugar and marshmallows. Hopefully he's not disappointed but I decided to try to make a sweet potato pie instead. I have never made one before but I found an easy recipe. I also made bite-size pumpkin pies in a mini muffin pan and then I baked them inside of a regular size cupcake. I topped them off with a cream cheese buttercream that I spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and a bit of ginger. Words cannot describe!! Todd wanted to try one tonight so he and his partner made the trek over to the house from work in the freezing cold to pick up a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment