Monday, November 1, 2010

Oh the shopping I have planned!

Thursday evening we are off to Oregon to visit the familia. I'm super excited because we haven't been there since March. At that time Regan was just starting to stand but not taking any steps yet. Now, she's running, and climbing, and into everything. I'm sure her grandparents and aunts are going to go nutso over her. She's has such a fun and quirky personality. We decided to make it a night drive in an attempt to keep it as peaceful as possible. Ten hours in the car with a toddler does not sound like fun to me. We are hoping she sleeps the majority of the trip. Keeping our fingers crossed! If it doesn't go as we have planned then I at least hope that God gives me more than my daily dose of patience that day because He knows I am going to need it.
While in the Portland area I have my sights set on Fabric Depot!! I have never been and only read about it online. I have heard that it's one of the largest fabric stores in the whole country. There is a pretty good chance I am going to need a few hours there. Todd has promised me some time alone there, since he certainly isn't interested in spending any more time in a fabric store than absolutely necessary. While checking out their website I found so many Christmas fabrics that have inspired many projects in my head, including a few aprons. I am certain I can find a few options for the Frosted Flurries apron swap that I will need to get started on as soon as we return. I will probably pick up fabrics for a few different designs since I won't really know what would suit my partner until after I return.
Also, this evening I ordered a new embroidery machine online. It will arrive on Thursday. I have so many ideas for it. I know so many people who have paid a lot of money for custom embroidered children's items, including myself. Oh the potential!!! I hope to get it mastered before the holidays get into full swing so I can make up some custom Christmas gifts.
One more project in the works... scented hot pads!! Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment