Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Country Cottage Christmas!

I have so many Christmas crafting ideas swirling around in my head. I know it's still October but time is a rare commodity these days.
Each year we tend to pick a theme for Christmas. A few years ago we did a very tropical theme complete with flamingos with Santa hats. It was festive and had a certain charm that made us smile every day. Most years we just pick a color theme and decorate the tree and house using those colors. Previous years have included a patriotic red, white, and blue, an earthy theme of red, orange, brown, and gold. I remember we one year we even decorated our tree all in purple of varying shades.
The theme for this year... country cottage. Simple, cozy, and homemade. My first "Country Cottage Christmas" project will be stockings. I'm on a mission to find thrift store sweaters to recycle into gorgeous new stocking for all three of us. I have been scouring the internet for ideas and have found some amazing ideas. I plan to line each and embellish them with fun trim. I can't wait to get started!! Now I just need to find the right knit sweaters for each of us. Keeping my fingers crossed for a successful shopping trip.
I also plan to hit a thrift store next time I am in the area that is touted to have tons of fabric, fabric scraps, trim, and patterns. Even vintage patterns!!! I'll also have my eye out for some vintage pillowcases that I can recycle into pillowcase dresses for Regan. I'm hoping to find some that were lovingly embroidered by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment